It's that time of year were people want to wear sandals/flip flops. Here are some home remedies to keep the feet looking and smelling good.
Treating cracked heels and blackened feet :-
- Put shaving cream on your feet. In a bucket or sink, combine equal parts warm water and Listerine. Soak a small hand towel in the solution of water and Listerine. While the shaving cream is still on your feet wrap the wet hand towel around your feet and let it sit for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, use the towel to rub your feet. Some of the calloused and discolored skin will rub off.
- Apply a healthy amount of lotion to your feet. After your foot bath, is it a good idea to spend at least 5 minutes drying your feet. You want to make sure you do not put your socks and shoes on with your feet still wet or damp (this can cause bacteria growth and infection).
- Use a towel to pat your feet dry and be sure to get in between the toes. Also, give your feet a break from sandals (don't wear them every day) and apply lotion to your heels nightly to reduce cracking Treating sore or smelly feet Soak your feet in 1 gallon of warm water and 1 cap-full of bleach. This takes the soreness out of your feet and kills bacteria that cause the smelly feet. You can only use this method three times a week.
- In general, please pay attention to your feet. It is very easy to get a foot infection due to the fact that they get little air, they sweat, and they are in limited space in a shoe to move.
- Baking Soda : Baking Soda ( Sodium Bicarbonate) is a good option to avoid smelly Feet. It works by creating an enviornment unsuitable for bacteria that cause the odor. You can use the pinch of it in each of your shoes and socks to avoid bacterial breeding. In case your feet already have a foul smell, wash them thoroughly and apply a little sodium bicarbonate. The smell would go in one or two washes.
- Salt: Soaking Feet in salty Water can be another easy-to-do remedy against smelly Feet. Fill one-Fourth of a bucket with warm water and add half cup of water in it Stir well with your hands to dissolve all the salt in water. Once it is completely dissolved, dip your feet in bucket 10-15 min. salt works by killing bacteria that reside on your feet and cause foul smell.
- Vinegar: Vinegar works just like salt. It kills all the unwanted bacteria that Reside on your Feet. Just mix one-third cup of vinegar (Preferably apple cider vinegar) in a bucket quarterly filled with warm water. Allow vinegar to spread throughout the water and then dip your feet for 15 min. In the mean while acid in vinegar works to kill to kill all those smelly microbes. Lastly wash your feet in clean water and dry them thoroughly.